Friday, September 08, 2006

sleep study

i have to go in for a sleep study tonight. a few weeks ago when i went to see my doctor about my high cholesterol, she asked me some general health questions. somewhere in the conversation she hit upon the fact that i'm always tired and as she started asking me more questions (and i kept answering yes, yes, yes), she told me she wanted me to go in for a sleep study. she thinks i might have PLMS - period leg movement syndrome. you know, one of those fake diseases that drug companies invent so that they can sell medicine to cure it? yep, that.

so i have to head into baltimore tonight at 9pm (NINE pm?? i'm usually in bed by 8:30). i get to sleep in a 'hotel-like suite' with monitors taped to my head and body and legs and then i get to leave by 6am tomorrow morning. the worst part is that i can't take a nap today. i'm so tired and all i want to do is lie down on the couch while the kids are napping but i can't.

i haven't been nervous since i scheduled it two weeks ago but today, as the time gets closer to actually having to do it, i'm getting butterflies in my stomach. i know they're not going to find anything wrong with me...i've always been a sleeper and have always been tired. my whole life. it's just the way i'm wired.

sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are they sure there is nothing wrong with your thyroid? it would certainly explain alot of these issues!
hopefully you will have a restful nights sleep. at least there shouldn't be anything to disturb you.
-Elizabeth

danl77 said...

Gee, a night of sleep without kids or a snoring husband...sounds like a terrible situation. I hope they don't give you milk and cookies, or a soft pillow too. :)

Okay, I thought humor might help, apparently not.
Dan..

Wendy said...

Sleep tight.