Thursday, June 22, 2006

boo urns

(obscure simpsons reference)

last night jeff was watching a basketball game. i asked him why there was still basketball on if the heat had already won the championship. then i realized that he might not have watched it and was watching the final on the dvr. oops. thankfully he already knew the heat won but he did ask me, very nicely, to be aware of that in the future so i don't spoil a game for him.

fair enough.

i don't watch sports. i don't root for any teams and don't really care who wins what championships. EXCEPT for the world cup. i've been looking forward to today's usa v. ghana match all week. i recorded it because i knew i'd only get to watch bits and pieces while taking care of the kids. i got to watch the first half when the score was 2-1 (ghana ahead). i planned on watching the second half after the kids went down for a nap. i was really excited - it looked like the usa might pull their heads out of their butts and make a comeback to stay in the world cup.

jeff called me around noon:

me: hello?

jeff: i'm sorry your team lost.

me: (silence)

me: I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SECOND HALF YET!!!!!

jeff: i'm sorry!

me: when would i have had time to watch 90 minutes of soccer while watching two kids???

jeff: uh, uh, uh....

so boo urns on jeff for ruining the game for me. ironic, isn't it, coming on the heels of our conversation last night? argh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by you..first and foremost for knowing an obscure simpsons reference! wow! and second, being into world cup soccer. i have been watching the tournament because alan is obsessed with it, but i don't think i would be paying attention otherwise. we now have a routine where i go on-line to check the score and he guesses until he gets it right..and then he decides whether or not to watch the game. 4 90 minute games a day is just too much for anyone...thank goodness for fast forward and dvr!
-Elizabeth

Jodie said...

I don't typically ruin sports but I've done the following to my poor husband....and he never lets me forget it: Did you know that Tom Hanks dies? (Saving P.Ryan), Did you know that Bruce Willis is really dead in the 6th Sense? OMG Dumbledore is dead! I'm so ashamed :)

Wendy said...

I'm sorry USA lost. And that Jeff ruined it. BUT, I heard the Ghana fans on NPR and almost cried. It was so amazing - such a dream beyond belief. Not that it's okay for the USA team, but remember, some people are overjoyed.