Tuesday, January 15, 2008

kozmo



tonight i found myself missing kozmo.com. i have a craving for ben and jerry's and jeff is out at a concert. i'm too lazy to pack up the kids to run to the grocery store to buy it. i wish kozmo was still around to deliver it to me.

back in the late 90s when i lived in seattle, you could order just about anything from kozmo.com. i didn't have a car so many friday nights i would order a movie and a pint of ben and jerry's. i'd have it in under an hour and would curl up on the futon in my basement apartment and watch a crappy movie and eat an entire pint of ice cream (i miss my metabolism). and then there was the night when jeff and i were dating and i burned my hand on the stove before we were supposed to go out that night. we canceled our plans and ordered up a movie and a tube of aloe vera. one hour later my burn was healing and we were watching an utterly forgettable movie.

it was an idea destined to fail but i miss it. i want some ice cream.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think NYC had the same thing. I was always jealous of my friends that were able to take advantage of it. The number of times I have longed for something but been too lazy to get out to get it. I guess it isn't very cost effective, but it sure would be nice!

Anonymous said...

You burned your hand on the stove? Were you trying to figure out what it was?

Mom

Wendy said...

I have a service much like kozmo. It's called andrew. works like a charm.

danl77 said...

Mom: 1

Kristin: 0

kristin said...

mom - ha ha ha

wendy - LOL! where was andrew when i needed him the other night?

dan - 'i'm a girl! i'm a girl!' ;)