Friday, January 18, 2008

outta here

i'm heading out of town this afternoon for a weekend by myself. just going to virginia, down to tyson's corner. not far, not fancy, not glamorous. but it's away. away from jeff and the kids and the dog and the house and my life. when the kids were little, i used to try to get away every 4 months or so. i went to sanibel island once and another time i just went to a hotel in baltimore. it's not about where i go, it's just getting to spend time alone. time to refresh and renew and relax. time to be kristin and not mom or wife or carpool driver or potty-trainer or caregiver. just kristin.

so this afternoon i'm heading down the the ritz carlton in virginia and am going to order room service and watch tv and sleep in and take ridiculously long showers and go to the bathroom BY MYSELF. i'm going to eat all my meals WITHOUT INTERRUPTION and i'm going to catch up on season three of the wire on DVD. i might even go see the new katherine heigl movie, 27 dresses.

or i might lie in bed for two days, drinking vodka tonics and watching crappy pay-per-view movies.

4 comments:

TASZL said...

Can I come? Oh I forgot you wanted to be by yourself. The room next door to you then? I won't even bother you. It sounds like a dream:) Have fun. Allison

danl77 said...

rock on...

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a nice weekend!!!

I'm doing something similar this week - I've got Thursday and Friday to myself. Checking into a hotel, ordering room service, having a massage and facial, etc. I can't wait.

Unknown said...

sweeeeeeeeeet.