Tuesday, August 01, 2006

254

my doctor called me today with the results of my bloodwork. i thought for sure she was going to tell me that my thryoid is out of whack and that's why i'm packing on the pounds and feeling like crap lately.

nope.

she called to tell me that my cholesterol is 254.

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR.

anything over 200 is considered high. optimal range is around 150'ish (i think).

i'm so pissed. i stopped eating meat, started eating whole grains and have been working out with a trainer 2x per week. i could have been eating ice cream and pizza for every meal while lying on the couch watching jerry springer and my cholesterol would be the same.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think maybe that should be the new plan. I'll be over next week with some Moxley's.

kristin said...

lol! thanks for the laugh :)

Anonymous said...

that sucks! maybe your body is adverse to the healthy stuff and eating meat and ice cream will make it go down...certainly worth a shot!
-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

When my doctor prescribed the same cholesterol medicine my parents take -- it was the first feeling of what a mid-life crisis must be like!