Thursday, August 10, 2006

plumber butt

so i dropped my diamond ring down the bathroom sink last night. total accident - i was giving the kids a bath and realized i was still wearing my ring. without even thinking, i took it off and tossed it over to the sink, forgetting that my sink doesn't have a stopper thingy in it (i have no idea where it went).

the ring hit nothing but net on the way down.

gulp.

i called down to jeff and told him what happened. he promptly called his brother - who can fix anything and everything and whom we probably owe thousands of dollars for all the help he's given us - and asked him what to do. dave walked him through it and jeff told me what to do.

then jeff left to go sit shiva for a distant relative.

so i got out the wrench, turned off the water, unscrewed the sink trap and voila! dumped my ring and all the gooky water into a plastic bin. i put everything back together, tested for leaks and put my ring in my jewelry drawer.

i might have to get some low hanging pants and let my crack start showing.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

yikes! glad you got it. otherwise, you would have had to ask extra for the house when you sold it!