Monday, October 16, 2006

musings

i've been busy lately...busier than i have been in a very long time. not that staying home with two kids isn't crazy, but this is different. now i have deadlines and other people to answer to and client expectations to meet and it's taking some getting used to. for the past 2 years, i've been my own boss. my clients were an infant and a toddler and they had no idea if i didn't give them a bath or forgot to add carrots to their lunch. nap time was whenever i said it was and it could be a different time every day. i could do what i wanted and no one was the wiser.

but now it's different. i'm volunteering, building a house and my photography is really getting busy and all of a sudden i feel like i'm disappointing people. my mind is in 8 different places and no one is getting the benefit of my full attention. i have friends who run their own businesses, volunteer WAY more than i do and are on so many boards it makes me dizzy. and yet they still find time to take their kids to baseball games and help them with homework and play poker with friends. i don't know how they do it.

i wonder if it's possible to have a type A personality without the drive? you know, to be uptight and tense and want things perfect but not have the drive to make it happen?

i dunno. maybe i'm type W. you know, whatever.

3 comments:

Momo said...

As your "soulmate" - let me just say that I understand.

It's hard to juggle everything at once. Which is why I just let some things go...housework usually.

;0)

Anonymous said...

In my next life I want to be a stoner slacker - I want to watch Oprah and chick flicks all day. Oh, and make my kids buy lunch at school.

Melissa said...

I have the same personality. When it came down to it, I decided I would rather have things less than perfect than expend that kind of energy. And then I regret it, but not enough to go back and change it.