Friday, October 06, 2006

surprise

i drove to ohio with a friend today (we're meeting other friends tomorrow). because we had tonight free, we decided to stop in to see my parents (who live in ohio). i called my dad to let him know we were coming by and that i wanted to surprise mom. we arranged to meet at the house at about the same time.

my friend and i pulled up to the house (dad wasn't there yet) and hopped out. i ran up to the door and rang the bell and my mom opened the door.

and then stood there and stared at me. without saying a word.

(if you know my mother, you know that has never happened before. her not talking, that is.)

she was stunned. and then she hugged me and we laughed and i explained why i was there.

it was wonderful.

thanks for dinner, mom! i got you!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It was a wonderful dinner. Your parents are so great; it was hard to leave. I feel like I've known them for years!