Sunday, October 29, 2006

weekend retreat

jeff and i went away to lansdowne resort in virgina yesterday. his cousin and her best friend stayed at our house and watched the kids and jeff and i got a weekend to ourselves.

the resort was beautiful and blissfully child free. we each had massages yesterday afternoon and i also had a facial. my skin hasn't been this smooth since i was 8 years old. we went shopping at the outlet malls and then came back to our room and ordered room service. we got into our jammies, watched 'the break up' (which wasn't that good) and nibbled on room service appetizers as the wind howled outside and the rain came down sideways.

it was the perfect mini getaway. we've both been so busy lately that we haven't seen much of each other except in passing. we talk via email and instant message and have to schedule appointments on each other's calendars. it was so nice to just sit and snuggle and relax.

and now we're home. the instant i opened the door, i was hit by kate running full force into my arms, yelling 'mommy!'

and that was really nice, too.

(here's my room-service breakfast from this morning. my very favorite part of staying at a nice hotel is getting breakfast in bed. i think if i was a prisoner on death row that my last meal request would be room-service pancakes served to me in bed in my pajamas)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You put ketchup on your eggs?

Wendy said...

Paula - Ewww, no. Do you?

And about that minibar - I agree - Bourbon and M&Ms sounds better yet...with coffee.

Me said...

That all looks so heavenly.