Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my new mantra

i don't have to like it, i just have to do it

it's my new mantra.

i was in bed watching wife swap last night (guilty pleasure) when i started thinking about working out today and how i didn't want to do it and about how much i hate doing cardio. out of nowhere, the thought popped into my head "i don't have to like it, i just have to do it".

it's simple, really. it's not a new idea but it was the right idea at the right time for me. when did i get it in my head that i was supposed to love doing everything i'm supposed to do? when did i get so lazy that i decided if i didn't like something, i simply wouldn't do it? it disgusts me to think about it.

i don't like doing laundry? i just won't do it.

i don't like emptying the dishwasher? i just won't do it.

hate making beds? don't do it.

ick.

thanks to jenne for the inspiration. she posted a comment on my blog last week, in response to my post about laundry, that she says to herself "I'm a woman who finishes what she starts I'm a woman who finishes what she starts I'm a woman ..."

that wasn't the mantra for me, but it opened me up to finding my own.

No comments: