Thursday, March 23, 2006

another milestone

kate started taking showers. one of the little girls in her class likes to take showers and kate has been hesitant to try it. so i told her that sara took showers and that she could, too.

that did it (look at me, using peer pressure. bad mom. in a few years i'm going to be trying to teach her to resist it.).

so now she is hooked. and there is almost nothing cuter than a three-and-a-half year old little girl splashing around in the shower.

we also cleaned out all the baby utensils yesterday - no more first stage spoons and forks or bowls with suction cups on the bottom. i bought a bunch of plastic dishes and utensils at ikea. it feels good to have the old stuff gone.

am i the only mother (besides my mother?) who doesn't long for the days when my kids were babies? who actually looks forward to them becoming more independant and needing me less?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

nope. I'm with you. Except on an occaisonal day when hugs and sloppy kisses sound like just the ticket.

I admit, however, that I do still have the Gerber and Winnie the Pooh baby silverware. And one "Little Blue Devil" baby bottle.