Monday, March 20, 2006

warm fuzzy

do you know people who leap at the chance to help other people? who are genuinely glad to see others succeed and who go out of their way to help make that happen?

i have a friend like that. she is a champion of other people reaching their goals (which sounds totally hokey but is also totally true). i don't see her often despite living around the corner and most of our talking is done via email. we are at different stages in our lives and careers. our kids are different ages. on the surface we don't seem to have a lot in common. and yet, this person gladly, willingly, enthusiastically sent out feelers for me today regarding my photography (and i got three responses!).

it makes me feel...i dunno...excited? amazed? dumbfounded? that someone thinks enough of me to recommend me to her friends?

i want to be more like her. i want to be an encourager.

(thanks WGS)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Вы льстите мне. Я думаю, что Вы очень прохладны и получение. Кроме того, я не люблю много людей в эти дни, и я действительно люблю Вас. Так, конечно я хочу помочь Вам преуспевать!

kristin said...

um????

kristin said...

ah. online translation services are very handy.

thanks :)

Wendy said...

Well I didn't translate it back until afterward & boy is it funny! Not exactly what I typed in, but you get the message, I suppose...
LOL!