Thursday, May 11, 2006

artist underpants

for the past year or so, kate has said she wants to be a princess when she grows up.

the other night as i was putting her to bed i asked her again what she wanted to be and, in an effort to persuade her there were better job choices than 'princess', i told her that if she was an artist she could paint and color and draw all day.

she got very excited and now she says she wants to be an artist when she grows up.

this morning as she was putting on her princess underpants, she looked at me and said "mommy, can i get some artist underpants?".

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I would get some fabric paint and let her decorate her own underpants. Then, they'll truly be artist underpants! Oh, here's another idea! Get iron-ons for your printer & print great works of art... iron on the underpants! She could have Chagall, Wyeth, Nieman, Pollock

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Your daughter is a genius, and with Wendy's business savvy, I think you've just hit on an idea that will pay for her college!

Oh boy, I'm going straight home after work to make MYSELF some artist underpants.

Don't let me go anywhere in them, though, cuz I'd just have to show them to everyone.

JJisafool said...

Though she most often says animal doctor, my girl has told me a couple of times she wants to be a writer.

So, we're going to have very poor children. Probably be living in our basements in their "studios" when they're 24.

Anonymous said...

Although I think it is fabulous that Kate is branching out to more realistic choices in life (which is a good thing to learn at an early age) and being practical about how to advertise her choices, I have to say that I sympathize with her previous desire to be a princess. All my life I have had my own (not so) secret desire to be one as well. In fact the theme of my bridal shower was "practical princess" and my husband frequently states that I have "princess tendencies" (which I think he means as an okay thing). But alas, I turned into a lawyer. It would have been much better if I had realized at a young age that there were many more probable options than becoming a princess.
-Elizabeth