Wednesday, November 29, 2006

a little bird

i was working out with my trainer at the gym yesterday and he told me that he wants me to come to the gym more often to do more cardio.

i stepped out from under the squat bar, looked at him like he was crazy and said, "cyrus, do you know how packed my calendar is? i can barely get to the gym the two days a week we have scheduled let alone come two more days just to do cardio. my schedule is PACKED and i don't have enough time as it is!"

he looked at me and shook his head and said, "you're in charge of your calendar. it's not like some little bird is swooping in and filling it for you."

oy.

his words have been ringing in my head since yesterday morning. he's right. i'm in charge of my calendar. if I'm too busy and overbooked and feeling frantic, it's my own fault. i've been feeling helpless over my schedule...jeff and i tried to make plans to get together with friends and we had to look at january to find some free time. that's crazy.

i'm in charge. and i resolve to make more gaps for free time in my calendar.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

When you figure it out, can you pass on some tips?