Monday, November 06, 2006

loser

my entire life i have lost things. purses, keys, shoes, you name it. it's something of a joke in my family (at least to my parents). i'm not sure why i lose things; it's not like i don't value the items. i just get distracted (easily) and have a short attention span.

so, until now the things i have lost have been nothing more than an inconvenience (getting a new driver's license, a social security card, wallet, etc). but last weekend i lost a big thing. or three things, actually: my wedding band, a three-stone diamond ring (not my engagement ring) and a diamond pendant necklace.

yep.

all three.

jeff and i went away for the weekend last week and i left all three items on the nightstand next to the bed. i distinctly remember coming back from my massage (where the masseuse even commented on how pretty my three-stone ring was) and taking all the jewelry off to take a nap.

and then i left it there.

the good news/bad news is that the big ring had its own insurance policy so it's covered. the diamond pendant and the wedding band did not have their own insurance policies and because i lost them outside of our house, they are not covered on our homeowner's policy.

i'm distraught. my wedding band was not expensive but it was my.wedding.band. and the necklace? it was the first piece of real jewelry that i bought myself. it should have had it's own policy but for some reason we never got around to it.

i may never wear jewelry again for fear of losing it.
:(

4 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm so sorry. Was there no staff that would have found it?!! Where ARE they? Ugh. I have to go lie down now.

danl77 said...

Yeah, that sucks. I know what you mean about a short attention span...hey, wanna ride bikes? :)

Wendy said...

so sorry. that does suck.

steakbellie said...

ughhh....