Tuesday, November 07, 2006

random thoughts

GO VOTE TODAY!!!!!!!!!

1. i talked to the insurance claims guys last night. he said my necklace and wedding band *are* covered under our homeowner's policy, but it turns out our deductible is only a few hundred less than the value of the two items so it doesn't make sense for us to file a claim for it.

2. i called the jewelry store in seattle where we bought my wedding band; turns out they still had a record of the purchase and are going to order the exact same ring for me. i was so excited! the ring isn't fancy or expensive, but i love it and am so happy that i'm getting the exact same ring again.

3. jeff is flushing all day today. "flushing" is a political term (apparently) that means he is going around to low voter turnout areas and knocking on doors and asking people to go vote. he's doing that from about 7:30am until 7:30pm tonight (!!!!). our good friend, ken ulman, is running for county executive and jeff agreed to help him out. it's supposed to rain later today >:-)

4.jack was up last night with a cold - coughing and hacking and wheezing - and neither jeff nor i got any sleep. that kid is sick more often than just about any kid i know (except for my niece, haley, who is sick a lot, too. maybe it's a goldscher family trait?)

5. VOTE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

your hub is a saint - brought us coffee this morning when he picked up A for flushing! (I never heard that word used this way!)

Sorry about Jack - ugh! Glad about the ring - yeah!

Momo said...

I voted!

So sorry about your jewelry - but I'm glad you were able to replace your wedding band.

That's a great thing your husband is doing!

I hope your Jack feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I think you have to be Catholic to be a saint, and have it sanctioned by the pope. I don't think Jeff qualifies, but he is still a really nice guy.

Paula L.